The 2020 L&T ‘Professional Development Series’
With the new year of teaching upon us, it’s a great time to reflect on and develop our teaching and learning capabilities. With this in mind, the CoBL Learning and Teaching team present a series of workshops, clinics and resources for academic staff. The ‘Professional Development Series’ includes a range of sessions that cater for everyone- from the newest sessional lecturer to our most senior teaching staff- so book in to a workshop today! Come and share your ideas and experience as we kick off for 2020.
- Best practice when teaching with CANVAS (going beyond the elements)
- Implementing Reading Lists (CANVAS)
- How to Create Inclusive Learning Videos
- Writing assessment instructions and constructing rubrics (HE)
- Writing assessment instructions and constructing rubrics (VE)
- PowerPoint Slide Accessibility
- Providing feedback
- Enhancing student engagement and belonging
- Teaching Diverse Cohorts
And more! To see the full schedule and details, go to: CoBL Professional Development Series
Do you want more specific answers or support for your course? In addition to our workshops, we have scheduled a number of ‘Drop Ins’ where you can come and speak to the L&T team directly. Perhaps you’re wondering: How can I improve my assessment? Streamline the marking? Align my CLOs and assessments (and/or PLOs)? What’s all the fuss about authentic assessment? How can I get my students to work better in groups in the classroom/online? (etc) All Qs welcome- if we can’t answer them we will help you find the person who can.
- Wed Feb 5th, 11am-12.30pm in 80.06.025
- Thu Feb 13, 1.30- 3pm in 80.06.025